Alhumdulillah, with the help of Allah and our generous community, we have recently achieved many of our goals. However, many other goals are still in process.
Goals in Progress:
- New textbooks and revamped curriculum for all grades.
- Updated building set to meet stringent fire and health codes.
- Professional training opportunities regularly offered to teachers.
- Students have partaken in and won multiple contests and scholarships.
- Graduated two student hafiz (of the entire Qur'an) with several more set to follow.
- New courses include Qur'anic Memorization, Studio Art, Literature of the Muslim World, Community Service, Tarbiyyah, Independent Reading, and Calculus.
- New AP (Advanced Placement) program, which currently offers AP Biology, AP Government, AP Economics, and AP Literature.
- New college counseling program for all high school students.
- New, professional website.
- Reorganization of office and student documents.
- High school now includes four full years (9-12).
- New, commercial quality student playground.
- Full-time Daycare.
- Creation of a Reading Room and reading program for students and teachers.
- More professional end-of-year graduation ceremony.
- Refinished basement with nine new classrooms.
- Enhanced janitorial services.
- Weekly teacher meetings have helped to create a more unified, stable atmosphere.
- Updated technology, including laptops for the staff, multiple computer projectors, large flat-screen display for the computer room, and a brand new video surveillance system for student protection.
- New science lab equipment.
- Multiple teachers working toward second or third degrees in education.
- Attractive landscaping for front of school building.
- Enhanced entryway to add to school's visual appeal.
- Addition of (optional) staff health insurance.
- Dramatically improved SAT scores.
- Creation of student newsletter.
- Dramatic improvement in percentage of staff retained.
- Creation of student soccer and volleyball teams.
- Creation of summer soccer camp and academic summer classes for younger students.
- Creation of student tutoring program, particularly in ESL and mathematics.
- Certification through the state of Indiana (completed in early 2009)
- Installation of glass trophy cases to display student awards
- Attractive landscaping for the sides of school building
- Upgraded computers and software in computer lab
- Improved Arabic language program (Honors)
- Complete ESL (English as a Second Language) and ENL (English as a New Language) programs
- SAT Prep classes in Math and English
- Rigorous Honors and AP courses starting 9th grade
Goals in Progress:
- Installation of exterior changeable letter board to help keep passers-by aware of school events.
- Improved fundraising system to help create a foundation to secure the school's future.
- Installation of covered gym.
- Installation of exterior volleyball court (targeted to female students).
- Further building renovations and, insha' Allah, increased square footage.
- Improved communication with the larger Hoosier Muslim and non-Muslim communities.
- ACP (Advanced College Project) and dual-credit courses for high school
- Certification of teachers through IU and Ivy Tech to teach dual-credit courses in MTI
- Obtaining College Board certification to administer AP Exams, PSAT, and SAT standardized tests on site at MTI